Jetstar and Powderfinger announce joint charity support for ‘Sunsets’ farewell tour
Australia’s low fares leader Jetstar has today announced details of their support of Powderfinger’s farewell ‘Sunsets’ tour this September and October across Australia.
In its biggest brand alignment with a musical act to date, Powderfinger and Jetstar will come together to raise funds for their respective charities, each supporting disadvantaged children - The Yalari Foundation and StarKids, respectively
Jetstar Executive Head of Commercial David Koczkar said Powderfinger’s farewell “Sunsets” tour was the perfect way for two great Australian names to come together to raise awareness, and much-needed funds, for two good causes.
“Jetstar and Powderfinger share a common interest in recognising these charities that support disadvantaged children – for Jetstar that is StarKids and for Powderfinger its The Yalari Foundation,” Mr Koczkar said.
“Powderfinger are a great Australian band, and what better way to celebrate their farewell tour than to have another great Australian, Jetstar, flying them around Australia reaching more than 200,000 fans in more than 20 Jetstar destinations – and raising money at the same time.”
Powderfinger’s Bernard Fanning said “Powderfinger has always been passionate about supporting disadvantaged children and The Yalari Foundation does exactly that by helping Indigenous children from remote and rural Australian communities to get an first class education and it’s great to see that Jetstar’s support of StarKids is just as important”.
“Having an iconic Australian brand like Jetstar support us and The Yalari Foundation is a great way to celebrate our farewell “Sunsets” tour”
Yalari sponsors Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children from regional, rural and remote areas to attend boarding schools all around the country so they can receive the a first class education through full boarding scholarships at the highest achieving secondary schools. Yalari is an organisation that looks to the improvement of the standard of living of Aboriginal people all around Australia by lifting education standards and creating inspirational incentives to children that would not ordinarily be afforded these types of opportunities.
Jetstar and World Vision created StarKids to help improve the lives of some of the world's poorest children. Funds raised through StarKids will fund projects in a number of Jetstar's destinations including Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia and even Australia.
Powderfinger’s farewell ”Sunsets” tour kicks off in Newcastle on 1 September, and continues to 21 different cities across every state and territory across Australia.
Stay tuned for further announcements in coming weeks including the announcement by Powderfinger and Jetstar of a very special fundraising event.
To book your next great Jetstar holiday go to Jetstar.com.
For more information on The Yalari Foundation go to www.yalari.com.
Tickets for Powderfinger’s “Sunsets – The Farewell Tour” go on sale at 9am on Friday, 30 April, 2010. For full details and further information, go to www.powderfinger.com.
- Wednesday, 1 September, 2010 - Newcastle Entertainment Centre, Newcastle
- Friday, 3 September, 2010 - Gold Coast Convention Centre, Gold Coast
- Saturday, 4 September, 2010 - Riverstage, Brisbane
- Tuesday, 7 September, 2010 - Tamworth Regional Entertainment Centre, Tamworth
- Thursday, 9 September, 2010 - Win Entertainment Centre, Wollongong
- Friday, 10 September, 2010 - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
- Tuesday, 14 September, 2010 - Derwent Entertainment Centre, Hobart
- Thursday, 16 September, 2010 - Memorial Drive, Adelaide
- Saturday, 18 September, 2010 - Sydney Entertainment Centre, Sydney
- Friday, 24 September, 2010 - Supreme Court Gardens, Perth
- Sunday, 26 September, 2010 - Gardens Amphitheatre, Darwin
- Tuesday, 28 September, 2010 - Convention Centre, Cairns
- Friday, 1 October, 2010 - Entertainment Centre, Townsville
- Sunday, 3 October, 2010 - Showgrounds, Mackay
- Thursday, 7 October, 2010 - Showgrounds, Rockhampton
- Friday, 8 October, 2010 - Caloundra Music Festival, Kings Beach
- Saturday, 9 October, 2010 - University of Southern Qld, Toowoomba
- Tuesday, 12 October, 2010 - University of Canberra
- Wednesday, 13 October, 2010 - Sports Ground, Albury
- Friday, 15 October, 2010 -Showgrounds, Bendigo
- Saturday, 16 October, 2010 - North Gardens, Ballarat
The Jetstar Group is one of Asia Pacific’s fastest growing airline brands with one of the most extensive ranges of destinations in the region. It is made up of Jetstar Airways (subsidiary of the Qantas Group) in Australia and New Zealand, Jetstar Asia in Singapore, Jetstar Pacific in Vietnam, and Jetstar Japan in Japan. Jetstar branded carriers operate up to 5,000 flights a week to more than 85 destinations. The Jetstar Group carried more than 37 million passengers in financial year 2017.