Jetstar and customer care in Christchurch
Jetstar wishes to update the travelling public on our continuing flexible arrangements relating to travel to and from Christchurch, our existing low fare operations and support for people following the tragic earthquake event on 22 February 2011.
Jetstar’s ongoing support of Christchurch and people travelling to and from the region underscores the care we have for our customers, the high levels of support we have maintained, and the continued offer of flexibility and choice to meet any personal changes in people’s travel requirements into and out of Christchurch.
Tens of thousands of Jetstar customers who have had travel plans affected or needed to reconsider travel to/from Christchurch since 22 February, have been assisted to this time.
For those few customers who feel they have not experienced our usual excellent customer service, we apologise for the inconvenience and ask that you contact us at Jetstar Telephone Reservations 0800 800 995 within NZ or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can provide our normal consistent high level of service.
Beyond operating many additional NZ domestic and international services to/from Christchurch since 22 February, and previously offering immediate refunds for customers and providing resource and support to the Jetstar team and people within Christchurch.
In support of Christchurch tourism and the local community, Jetstar today launched one way domestic web fares from NZD$19 and low fare trans Tasman offerings (point of sale New Zealand). See below and www.jetstar.com
Our customer response for Christchurch travel remains under daily review and will naturally be extended pending circumstances for the city during its recovery phase. An update on our ongoing flexible travel arrangements on Jetstar for Christchurch is outlined.
Continuation of Flexible Fare arrangements for travel from/into Christchurch
Jetstar cares for its customers. For affected customers and those undertaking near travel to/from Christchurch until and including 25 March 2011, Jetstar continues to offer various choices and flexibility in travel. These include:
- Rebook on alternate Jetstar service and alternative Jetstar destination up to 12 months from their original date of travel and Jetstar will waive the change fee and any additional fare difference will apply.
- Jetstar travel vouchers. Jetstar can issue customers Jetstar travel vouchers to the value of their original ticket. Vouchers will be valid for three months and may be booked on any available Jetstar Group flight within 12 months from the date of rebooking.
- Applicable fare changes. Jetstar customers still have up to two weeks (from their original date of travel) to make the applicable changes or request Jetstar travel vouchers.
- Excess baggage flexibility. For customers travelling with excess baggage to/from Christchurch, Jetstar will consider, on a case by case basis, requests for an excess baggage waiver as a result of the earthquake.
Jetstar at this time will assess, on a case by case basis, existing customer bookings for travel to/from Christchurch from/after 26 March 2011, which require flexibility in travel plans as a result of the Christchurch earthquake and its impacts.
Jetstar Telephone Reservations can be contacted on 0800 800 995 (within New Zealand) and 131 538 (within Australia). Jetstar.com will be regularly updated with the latest information.
Jetstar Sale Fares
Beyond our every day low fares, Jetstar is now offering sale fares (point of sale New Zealand) to support future travel from/to Christchurch.
NZ Domestic (JetSaver Light fares from)
- Christchurch - Queenstown From NZD$19
- Christchurch - Auckland From NZD$39
- Christchurch - Wellington From NZD$39
- Trans Tasman (JetSaver Light fares from)
- Christchurch - Sydney From NZD$99
- Christchurch - Melbourne From NZD$99
- Christchurch - Brisbane From NZD$99
- Christchurch - Christchurch From NZD$99
The sale runs until midnight Tuesday 8 March 2011 for travel from 15 March - 14 April 2011. Booking terms and conditions apply – see Jetstar.com
Jetstar operations at Christchurch International Airport
Our full schedule of domestic New Zealand and trans Tasman international services continue to operate from Christchurch.
Jetstar has low fare domestic and international flying operations totaling 95 weekly return services and Christchurch is home to a large aircraft base and 150 personnel.
Jetstar stands by the city of Christchurch at this critical time.
In the past week alone Jetstar has carried around 10,000 of our customers out of Christchurch International Airport.
About Jetstar Group
Jetstar first took to the skies in 2004 and has since flown more than 350 million customers across an extensive international and domestic network. The Jetstar Group is made up of Jetstar Airways (subsidiary of the Qantas Group) in Australia and New Zealand, Jetstar Asia in Singapore, and Jetstar Japan in Japan. A leading low-fares airline, Jetstar is committed to offering everyday low fares to enable more people to fly to more places, more often. As one of Asia Pacific’s fastest-growing airline brands, Jetstar was voted Best Low-Cost Airline in Asia Pacific in 2021 and was recognized for its excellent flight safety records and services when listed on the "2022 World's Top 10 LCC" released by Airline Ratings.