Jetstar and Airbnb partner to help Aussies feel at home on holiday
Jetstar and Airbnb have today announced a partnership that will allow customers to book Airbnb accommodation alongside low fares flights at Jetstar.com, helping holiday-makers feel more at home. Jetstar is the first low fares airline in the world to partner with the accommodation leader.
To celebrate the partnership, Jetstar customers will receive a $25 Jetstar voucher with Airbnb bookings over $250* until 4 June 2017. Customers need to access Airbnb through Jetstar.com to receive the flight voucher.
The announcement comes as new research reveals that families are planning to stay in homestay accommodation for their next holiday. The survey of over 1000 people conducted by Galaxy Research in February 2017 found:
- 91 per cent of people are considering booking a homestay accommodation for their next extended family holiday
- 88 per cent of Aussie parents say they miss home comforts while staying in a hotel, such as being able to cook and do laundry
- 90 per cent of parents admit booking for an extended family holiday is stressful as they struggle to find accommodation suitable for the whole family that also meets everyone’s budget
- 60 per cent of families plan to jet off with extended family or friends this year, with grandparents (33 per cent) most likely to score an invite, especially from young parents
- Making the holiday budget go further is also key, with 79 per cent of Aussies stating value for money is the most important consideration when booking their trip.
Jetstar Group CEO, Jayne Hrdlicka said it made sense for Australia’s leading low fares airline to partner with the innovative accommodation leader.
“Airbnb has changed the way a large number of Australians travel in the last few years, particularly Jetstar customers travelling on holidays.
“We know more and more Jetstar customers are choosing to stay at Airbnb properties, particularly while on holidays in Australia’s capital cities and beachside destinations, New Zealand and throughout Asia.
“This partnership between Jetstar and Airbnb makes it even easier for Australians to book low fares flights and homestay accommodation for their next holiday.
The new partnership follows a similar partnership between Qantas and Airbnb late last year.
Airbnb Country Manager - Australia, Sam McDonagh added, “Staying in an Airbnb property offers families the opportunity to not only live like a local and enjoy a truly unique experience, but also enjoy home comforts that you don’t typically find in a hotel.
“Partnering with Jetstar means we’ll be able to welcome even more Australians into the Airbnb community, so they can truly belong anywhere.”
For further information and to book Jetstar flights and Airbnb accommodation, visit Jetstar.com.
Jetstar and Airbnb have today announced a partnership that will allow customers to book Airbnb accommodation alongside low fares flights at Jetstar.com, helping holiday-makers feel more at home.