Jetstar voted best low cost airline Australia-Pacific in Skytrax Awards
Skytrax announced last night that Jetstar Australia was voted Best Low Cost Airline, Australia-Pacific for the fourth consecutive year.
We’re delighted to have been recognised by our customers as Australia-Pacific‘s leading low fares carrier.
To quote our Group CEO Jayne Hrdlicka:
Customer expectations increase every year and it’s a testament to the commitment of our team that we’ve been recognised by our passengers in these awards once again.
Every day our customers tell us on social media what they like about our service and what they think we should improve. The Instagram photos above highlight some of things our customers enjoy about flying with us.
And here are some of the ways in which we have improved – and continue to improve – our customer experience:
- We set a new standard for long haul low fares travel with the introduction of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner to our fleet starting October last year.
- Visitors to our website now get instant customer support from our online virtual assistants Ask Jess (in Australia, New Zealand and Singapore) and Ask Jetta (in Japan). In fact, since we launched Ask Jess in Australia in November 2013, we’ve assisted more than 800,000 travellers through this service.
- After feedback from customers on Facebook and Twitter we changed our policy for carrying musical instruments as cabin baggage.
- In Australia, over the last six months (Dec-13 to May-14), over 82% of our flights departed as scheduled. This is an 8% improvement over the same period last year.
- We’re also New Zealand’s most punctual airline, having beaten our domestic competitor for on time performance in 10 of the past 12 months.
Please keep giving us your feedback on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Flickr, YouTube, and Instagram. We love hearing from you and will continue improving and enhancing our service based on your suggestions.
Finally, a huge thank-you to our customers for that Australia-Pacific Skytrax award and also for voting both Jetstar Australia and Jetstar Asia into the in the top ten best low cost airlines in the world.